This project is read-only.

Exception when calling IsolatedStorageExplorer.Explorer.Start("localhost");


Even though I do not use a web proxy and have no firewall enabled (windows or otherwise), I get an exception indicating it can not connect to the server.
The Explorer is running (externally from VS2010) and netstat shows the port is open and listening correctly.


winromulus wrote Apr 3, 2011 at 4:23 PM

Thank you for reporting this issue.

Can you provide a little more details about the environment? Was the application running on the emulator or a device?
This would help me greatly in identifying the issue and finding a solution for it.

Thank you,

deviruchi wrote Apr 3, 2011 at 6:37 PM

It seems that it doesn't work either with the emulator or on a device. The exception I pasted came when I deployed to a device. If I deploy to the emulator, I get a different exception: "There was no endpoint listening at http://localhost:2502/ApplicationSessionService/ApplicationSessionService.svc that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action. See InnerException, if present, for more details."
(Inner exception: {"The remote server returned an error: NotFound."})

My phone is a HTC HD7 and I'm connected with wifi to my LAN.

When the explorer is running, from my PC, using IE, I visit the URI http://localhost:2502/ApplicationSessionService/ApplicationSessionService.svc and I get a blank page, rather then a "Not Found" error.

winromulus wrote Apr 3, 2011 at 10:59 PM


If you are connected to your wifi network, then the listening IP is not "localhost". You need to change that to point to the computer that is actually listening for connections.
Let me know if that fixed your issue.


MarcinKrupinski wrote Jul 21, 2011 at 8:38 PM

I got same error and checked Windows Services. It appears that "W7 Isolated Storage Explorer Service" did not start. After I've started it the problem went away (at least in emulator)

ajb2012 wrote Feb 6, 2012 at 9:43 AM

I struggled with this for a while. It worked beautifully for one of my projects, but crashed with the above error for another. I found out what it was. I needed to add <Capability Name="ID_CAP_NETWORKING" /> back into the WMAppManifest.xml of the project. I had removed all capabilities not used by the app when I shipped it the last time. So, I just need to remember to remove this, and IsoatedStorageExplorer.dll before I ship again :-)

Magnificent tool by the way!

wrote Feb 22, 2013 at 12:09 AM